Monday, April 12, 2010

Tear the veil with the sword of grace

I want to dedicate this poem to one of my very good friend: Weekiat.

DARKNESS IS BEHIND ME

I was a desperate junkie in a foreign land,
Before I was comforted by His hand.
Alone and scared in this evil place,
I turned to a man of a different race.

He was recommended to me by a good friend,
"Satisfy Him and your quest for drugs will end."

My friend was right; He fulfilled all that I craved,
But there was always a price for what He gave.
He gently told me to drop to my knees,
Then whispered "close your eyes; prepare to receive."

"My God help me," I screamed up at the sky,
But with the darkness behind me I began to cry.
Sobbing into the pillow, I felt so ashamed,
That this dark passage into me had become so inflamed.

Just like that the pain disappeared,
I was left feeling content but a little bit weird.
"See that wasn’t so bad," He said to me,
"If your need for drugs returns,
and find a need for great release, call unto me,
same place, same fee!"

Let us fight as if we are more than conquerors today.
iHEARTsheep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home